**Spoiler Alert – FYI I’m up to date with the TV show (S4 Ep9) – haven’t read the books**
- Dooo-doo-do-do- dooo-doo-do-do-dooo…
- Oh god… what happened last time?
- Doesn’t matter, no time to review. If you don’t watch it now you will see spoilers.
- Oh right – forgot about him.
- So he also reckons he should be on the throne?
- What’s so good about the throne anyway?
- It looks terribly uncomfortable…
I arrived in Perth two months ago today. It’s been a great adventure so far (more about that here) and things are going really well overall, but recently I’ve felt twinges and twangs of missing home. While this is totally normal, I’ve observed it seems to be the little things that I miss the most.
Some of the things I’ve been missing:
- My nieces. Their little faces, their energy and their love. I hear about them from my family and we’ll sometimes have a chat on the phone so I know what they’re up to, but I miss hanging out with them. It’s the little moments like exchanging tips on how to draw the best fairies, getting hair styling advice and being schooled in how to draw unicorns (“mummy does it better”). I’m also worried they’ll forget who I am – not the twins as they’re five and I think we’re pretty solid, but Little A is only two – how much can a two year old remember? Should I be attaching my face to some My Little Pony’s so I remain top of mind?