I’m back on my bullshit. That’s what the kids say these days, right?
A new kind of bullshit for sure. I never wanted to be a widow or a grief expert, but here I am, a member of the worst exclusive shitty club.
My husband died on July 31, 2020. More on that later.
For now, I want to say hello again – it’s been over 6 years since my last post. Potentially 10 years since you subscribed to this blog. I’m sure many of you are like what, who, why am I getting this email? Yes, it was a completely different story Before – feel free to hit that unsubscribe (I wish I could).
Stephen Hawking, Bill Gates, Elon Musk and many other of the world’s greatest minds agree that super-intelligence poses one of the greatest threats to humanity. The theory goes that humans will create machines so smart they will learn how to make themselves more intelligent, becoming superior to us. The super intelligent AI comes to understand that the death of all humans is the most efficient way forward and kills us all.
I guess we all gotta go someday, hey?! Continue reading
Controversial allegations have come to light that suggest senior executives at Vegemite created peanut allergies in efforts to reclaim some of their lost market share. A series of leaked emails allege operation ‘Down with P: V on Top’ was an ongoing take-down strategy that aimed to get peanut butter banned from schools and force parents to use allergy-friendly Vegemite.
One of the most shocking elements to the controversy was the alleged payment of school children to fake the illness Continue reading
Ken oath I love ‘straya. I’d potentially call myself ‘patriotic’ if it didn’t have the cringe worthy associations with racism and shame surrounding our colonial past. But I’m not here to lecture on our issues with racism, our binge drinking culture, or our national identity issues – I’m not actually clever enough to write about those things anyway. Instead I’m writing about the things I like about Australia Day, that is: barbequed meats; an obligation to eat lamingtons; and triple j’s Hottest 100. Continue reading
It’s beginning to look a lot like I AM GOING TO SHOVE THOSE CHRISTMAS BAUBLES UP YOUR CHIMNEY IF YOU DON’T BACK THE F*** UP, Santa! You too Rudolph, if that even is your real name…
Seriously get out of the way, scrooge is coming through with big plans to hate, hate, hate all over your Christmas.
Turning 18, becoming fully self-dependent, purchasing a vacuum cleaner… all things we use to classify the transition to adulthood – until now. Continue reading
When your partner is explaining your new job to someone over the phone and your suspicion that he has no clue what you do is confirmed…. but makes for hilarious listening…
“and the audiences and research… why did you have to ask me this just as she got in the car?”
When your nieces are adorable and make you love notes and you feel all the #feels… Continue reading
**Spoiler Alert – FYI I’m up to date with the TV show (S4 Ep9) – haven’t read the books**
- Dooo-doo-do-do- dooo-doo-do-do-dooo…
- Oh god… what happened last time?
- Doesn’t matter, no time to review. If you don’t watch it now you will see spoilers.
- Oh right – forgot about him.
- So he also reckons he should be on the throne?
- What’s so good about the throne anyway?
- It looks terribly uncomfortable…
I arrived in Perth two months ago today. It’s been a great adventure so far (more about that here) and things are going really well overall, but recently I’ve felt twinges and twangs of missing home. While this is totally normal, I’ve observed it seems to be the little things that I miss the most.
Some of the things I’ve been missing:
- My nieces. Their little faces, their energy and their love. I hear about them from my family and we’ll sometimes have a chat on the phone so I know what they’re up to, but I miss hanging out with them. It’s the little moments like exchanging tips on how to draw the best fairies, getting hair styling advice and being schooled in how to draw unicorns (“mummy does it better”). I’m also worried they’ll forget who I am – not the twins as they’re five and I think we’re pretty solid, but Little A is only two – how much can a two year old remember? Should I be attaching my face to some My Little Pony’s so I remain top of mind?
There’s something you should know: I’m writing this nude… Continue reading
Sometimes I win, sometimes I lose… here are a couple of my recent losses… Continue reading